Blue Mountain Highlights & PicnicMontego Bay Jamaica
Travel to the majestic Blue Mountains, the highest mountain range in the English-speaking Caribbean to enjoy a coffee break, guided tour and lunch at the Asafu Yard. Your journey begins the moment you’re picked up, along the way you’ll learn about Jamaica’s colorful past as you travel by historical sites and local markets. Your first stop, an open air restaurant over 2500 ft. above sea level to enjoy a sumptuous local brunch served with Blue Mountain coffee. Enjoy panoramic views of mist- covered peaks and pristine emerald valleys that provide the perfect photo opportunity. Learn all there is to know about the indigenous herbs and plants that seem to grow everywhere you look and take a look at the coffee plantations clinging to the mountainsides. You will then visit the Newcastle settlement where sometimes, you may see soldiers in training, before visiting the Asafu Yard located in one of the first free villages to rise after the era of slavery. Here, you’ll enjoy a picnic style lunch served in a calabash bowl prior to joining the locals as they sing, drum and dance. Lastly, if you would like to cool down, feel free to take a refreshing dip in a secluded river. What better way to end your day!
**The tour start time begins at the Blue Mountain location. However, this is a full day tour including guided sightseeing during travel.
- Enjoy a delicious Jamaican brunch served with Blue Mountain coffee
- Witness picture perfect views of mist-covered peaks and pristine emerald valleys
- Visit the Newcastle settlement where soldiers often train
- Tour the rainforest and learn about the coffee plantations
- Visit the Asafu Yard for a picnic lunch before dancing with the locals
- End your day with a refreshing dip in a secluded river
- Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability and minimum tour requirements
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location
- All tours are weather permitting
- Age & Weight restrictions may apply
- Need More Information? Check our FAQs and Terms of Usage
4:00 hours approx.
What to Bring:
- Water Shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not accessible for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with back problems or who have had a recent back surgery
- Not recommended for people with a recent arm/hand surgery
- Not handicapped accessible