Reading Road Tripsouth coast Jamaica
While enjoying your tours and excursions,you can give back when you literally go back to school on the Reading Road Trip,a unique opportunity to engage with Caribbean children and enhance their lives as part of our 'Community Routes Program'. Reading a story is just the beginning of this enlightening experience when you are paired with a small group of children, ages 5-7 years old, at their school. Your entertaining questions will keep the kids attentive while at the same time improving their listening and comprehension skills. As these youngsters complete their reading aptitude sheets, your one-on-one help will open a new chapter of renewed excitement about learning.
Don't forget to bring a new or gently-used book to donate to the school’s library for the children to enjoy time and time again.
Reading Road Trip only operates when students are in school from September – June.
- Engage with Caribbean children at a local school
- Read a story to a small group ages 5-7 years old
- Help improve their listening and comprehension skills
- Feel free to donate a new or gently-used book to the school's library
- Check out more of our 'Voluntourism' programs here Island Impact
- Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability and minimum tour requirements
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location
- All tours are weather permitting
- Minimum age 8 years
- Need More Information? Check our FAQs and Terms of Usage
1:00 hour approx.
What to Bring:
- No Jewelry
- Insect Repellent
- Not accessible for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with back problems or who have had a recent back surgery
- Not recommended for people with respiratory or heart problems
- Not handicapped accessible