Gros Piton Hike from SoufriereSoufriere St. Lucia
Towering nearly 3,000 feet above sea level, the majestic peak of Gros Piton, along with its twin peak Petit Piton, dominates the western coast of St Lucia. The lush green slopes of these pyramid shaped icons rise from the sapphire blue waters of the Caribbean, filling the adventurous traveler with wanderlust. The view itself is a classic the Pitons of Saint Lucia, soaring straight up from the sea's edge. A visit to the Pitons is decidedly one of things you must do in your lifetime. Snaking up the misty, jungle-covered, boulder-strewn mountainside for the huge views from the top is an experience well worth the hike.
Please note that the climb can become strenuous and so guests should be fit to participate.
- Enjoy a scenic drive to the famous Gros Piton in Soufriere
- Begin your hike from 600ft accompanied by an experienced guide
- Each guest is offered a bottled water and a walking stick before the climb
- Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability and minimum tour requirements
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location
- All tours are weather permitting
- Age & Weight restrictions may apply
- Need more Information? Check our FAQs and Terms of Usage
4:00 hours approx.
Minimum Age: 8 year(s)
Days of Operation & Tour Time(s):
What to Bring:
- Insect Repellent
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not accessible for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with back problems or who have had a recent back surgery
- Not recommended for people with respiratory or heart problems
- Not recommended for people with a recent arm/hand surgery
- Not handicapped accessible